Business success depends not only on hiring talented people, but hiring those who are the best fit for the position and the company. Interviewing is a two-way street. You want to gather information about the candidate while selling your organization and the position. Here are some tips to help you attract the right people.
1. Create a thorough job description. Explain the functions and expectations of the position.
2. Define key objectives of the position. Make a prioritized list.
3. Be prompt. Schedule interviews as soon as possible.
4. Keep your commitments. Make telephone calls when promised. Broken promises will destroy credibility.
5. Respond quickly. Soon after an interview, let everyone know where they stand.